|The site of the Hotel and Mineral Springs Spa was formerly the Cahuilla Indians' gathering place for hundreds of years. They proclaimed the springs as having "magical" powers for their ills and regarded it as a shrine.
The hot springs where the Spa Hotel now stands was used for bathing and curative purposes for as long as the Indians can remember and was opened to the public as a bathhouse in 1870. Today's streamlined Spa has two forerunners. The first was a primitive, rough-planked shack. Years later, the second one was a low-lying structure of "primitive bathing cubicles." In their place stands the beautiful combination Spa and Hotel. The same springs bubble from that spot today with luxurious embellishments which rival the Roman baths of old and the outstanding spas throughout the world.
Contact us now, use form below: